March 20, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I needed to bake something today.  Preferably something that included the ability to eat raw dough.  Do you ever have days like that?  I tried to find something that was low in points.  I spent about 30 minutes looking at websites, and every time I found something that looked interesting I saw "unsweetened applesauce" on the ingredient list and I moved on by.  I have no problem with unsweetened applesauce as a general rule.  I actually use it on a semi-regular basis.  But today was not a day where unsweetened applesauce needed to be in my life.  So I gave in, softened two sticks of butter, and threw these babies together.  Try them.  You'll like them.

Ingredients
1 cup butter softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.  (I thought it was less messy to use parchment paper, but it's not necessary.)
Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
NOTE:  Aaron isn't a big fan of nuts, so I left them out and used an entire bag of chocolate chips instead.

Source:  AllRecipes.com
Points+ per serving:  Don't ask

No comments:

Post a Comment