October 22, 2010

Cilantro-Lime Rice (5 P+)

We've talked before about the situation at my house where a Mexican meal is not complete unless some form of black bean is involved.  There is a similar situation with this recipe.  My hubby requests it over and over again. 

"Will you make that rice tonight?"
        Again?
"Yep, I really like that rice"
        We've had it about 10 times in the last two weeks.
"But I really like that rice."
        You understand that variety is the spice of life, right?
"Blah blah blah.  Make the rice woman!"

And being the meek and gentle spirit that I am, I quietly retire to the kitchen and make the rice.  After bashing him in the head with my stainless steel pot.

Ingredients
2 cups chicken broth
1 lime, juiced
1 cup white rice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions
Bring the chicken broth and lime juice to a boil in a small pot.  Add the rice, stir, cover, and lower the heat so the broth stays at a simmer.  Cook covered for 15-20 minutes until the moisture is absorbed.  Gently stir in the cilantro and serve.

Bashing your husband in the head with the pot is optional.

Printable Recipe
Makes 4 servings
5 Weight Watchers Points per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment