September 13, 2010

Back In The Saddle Again

So...yesterday was bittersweet.  It was time to say goodbye to the two weeks of pretending like I'm not on Weight Watchers and get back on track.  It was time to say goodbye to Dr Peppers, pasta, and butter.  And Blue Bell Ice Cream.  Ouch.  The good news is that I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.  I didn't feel great while I was eating the junk, and I know my body is ready for some fresh veggies and grilled chicken. 

I got on the scale this morning, and was shocked to see that I only gained one pound since I last logged in my weight.  I stayed reasonably active while our family was here (more than my usual status of sitting on my patootie in a cubicle for 9 hours a day), and I didn't eat much this weekend, so I guess it all evened itself out.  My goal this week is to lose two pounds, so I'll be at my lowest point since I started Weight Watchers.  It's going to be tough to make myself get on the treadmill tonight, but I'm using Monday Night Football as motivation.  No TV until 30 minutes of exercise is complete!  And I'm really looking forward to making Balsamic Chicken for dinner.  Yum!

I do have something to ask of you...I need a new source of yummy healthy recipes.  Everything is starting to look the same to me.  I need some inspiration!  Does anybody have a healthy cookbook or website that blows your hair back?  Please comment on this post or send an email to onesassychefblog@gmail.com if you have any suggestions or ideas.  I can't wait to see what you guys are cooking!

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm heading to Subway for a 6-inch low-fat sandwich while I completely ignore the fact that there is a vending machine with 50 cent Dr Peppers only a few steps away.

No comments:

Post a Comment