July 26, 2010

A Donut With Sprinkles and Other Stories

I was pleasantly surprised when the scale yesterday showed another 1.5 pounds gone. I was feeling happy enough to eat a donut at church. With icing. And sprinkles. And then I had guilt.

I haven't tried any new recipes recently because I've been too busy to be creative, however, I did stumble on to this - Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta - last week.



I swear to you I can taste this in my mouth, and I haven't even made it yet. Because it's 22 WW points per serving. You heard me. I am no longer allowing myself to look at Pioneer Woman's website.

On another note that made me supremely happy and joyful...we went to Red Robin for lunch yesterday. When the decision was made to go to Red Robin I was a little unsure because to my knowledge there was not one stinkin' thing on that menu that wouldn't cause me to immediately gain 14.7 pounds and have to wear stretchy pants for a week. I made the decision on the way to the restaurant to eat whatever my little heart desired (never you mind the donut fiasco) and work it off throughout the week. So we sat at our table and I looked at the menu and I found this:



Grilled Chicken alla Caprese: A grilled chicken breast served with fresh Mozzarella cheese, bruschetta salsa and warm garlic focaccia bread. Drizzled with balsamic cream alongside a crisp romaine salad with pesto dressing, black olives and crispy pepperoni strips.

This costs less than $10 and was so yummy that I had to force myself not to lick the plate. And subtract the garlic focaccia bread and you've only used...drumroll please...9 WW Points! Yep. That's what I'm talking about.

My husband ate this:



And he didn't gain an ounce. We're going to need some serious marriage counseling if this keeps happening.

And finally...because I just can't help myself and it's sure to make you smile...I am going to leave you with this:



I share genetic material with that little guy. Hard to believe but true.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go dream about PW's pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment