June 16, 2010

Parmesan Steak Fries (4 P+)

If this recipe doesn't cause you to jump up and down and thank God for Ellie Krieger I don't know what will. I bit into these and I died. Then I came back to life and bit into a few more.

Here's what you need:
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 large russet potatoes, unpeeled
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste

Here's what you do:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Lay the potato flat side down and slice into lengthwise again into 4 "wedges". Slice off the rounded edges so each wedge will lay flat on the baking sheet. Toss the wedges with oil, lay them on the sheet, and bake for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes pull 'em out, sprinkle them with the Parmesan, and stick 'em back in. Don't turn them. You'll want to turn them. I know I did. But I fought the urge because Ellie said to. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown and crisp on the outside.

Pull 'em out and add salt to taste. Serve immediately with Steak with Grainy Mustard Sauce. And if you decided to have a salad with blue cheese dressing I would not be in a position to judge.

Enjoy!

**************************************************************************
Nutritional Information
1 serving = 4 wedges = 4 WW Points

No comments:

Post a Comment