March 4, 2010

Bow Ties with Italian Sausage, Tomatoes, & Cream

NOTE:  This post was written pre-Weight Watchers, but it is one of my all time favorites and therefore shall remain here for all to see.  Don't ask how many points this contains.  Because I haven't even looked for fear of passing out cold.  Let's just suffice it to say that this is a splurge that should be reserved for a day when you're either really depressed (comfort food!) or really celebrating something (calories don't count on special occasions!).  Anything between the two extremes could cause severe trauma. 

There is a sign in my kitchen. It says "There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me who's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies". I could very easily replace the word "cookies" with the phrase Bow Ties w/Italian Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream.

I sincerely apologize to those of you who are dieting. I try to eat healthy. I really do. But sometimes what I'm about to show you is just absolutely necessary.

I will forever remember the night my husband pulled out the cookbook and said "this looks interesting".

"Sausage and tomatoes with CREAM?!", I thought. That sounds odd. But being the submissive wife that I am we made the recipe. And can I just say....Oh. My.

Six years later we still turn to this one as our favorite "splurge" in the calorie department. And I'll never again be afraid to try ingredients that sound strange to me.

Please make this. Just plan to wear your stretchy pants the next day, grate up plenty of Parmesan cheese for topping, and go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Yum...that looks amazing! I obviously figured out how to comment! lol

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete