May 16, 2012

Fajitas!

This marinade used to be on my blog, but somewhere along the way I guess it got deleted so I'm re-posting it.  I'm not sure if soy sauce is technically "real food", but so many of my favorite recipes use it that I decided not to examine that too closely.  I've used this with chicken breast, chicken thighs (boneless or bone-in), flank steak, and even shrimp.  I have the best results when I pat my meat dry and allow it to come to room temperature before I grill it.  Squeeze a lime wedge over it right after you pull it off the grill.  Delicious every time!

1/4 cup lime juice
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients together.  Pour over chicken or steak in a bowl or ziploc bag.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Grill your meat and have at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment