April 27, 2012

Project Real Food: Week 1 Meal Plan

Today starts our first week of Project Real Food.  Ironically I'm starting it with the Last Dr Pepper.  We had one more in the fridge, and it needed to be taken care of.  The mood is solemn.  Let's have a moment of silence.


Okay.  Moving on.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to handle our meal plan.  We already do really well where dinner is concerned, but breakfast and lunch are usually a grab-on-the-run kind of event.  I decided to plan two or three meals that would yield leftovers and we'd use those for breakfast and lunch all week.  Dinners will be handled like usual which means I'll cook every night except two:  Sunday (dinner at church) and Thursday (leftover night).

Here's what we have on the meal plan this week:

Breakfast
Pecan-Maple Breakfast Cookies (doubles as a snack)
Breakfast Tacos
Whole Wheat Biscuits
Breakfast Casserole Bites

Lunch
Honey Mustard Turkey Sandwich
Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps

Dinner
Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Grilled Italian Sausage, Tossed Green Salad
Slow Cooker Puerto-Rican Pork, Black Beans, Roasted Corn with Cilantro Butter
Grilled Asian Chicken, Peanut Butter Noodles, Veggie Stir-Fry
Lemon-Thyme Chicken, Rosemary Red Potatoes, Tossed Green Salad
Slow Cooker Refried Beans, Fajita Veggies, Cilantro-Lime Rice

Snacks
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Fruits/Veggies/Cheese

Nothing in this list includes any added sugars, preservatives, or refined grains.  I thought I would struggle to find meals, but I really didn't.  Granted, we haven't actually tasted everything yet, but there wasn't one thing on this list that made Aaron turn up his nose.  I also haven't gone to the grocery store and double-checked all the labels.  I'll post tonight about my trip to the grocery store today.  Sam is cutting two top teeth, and Mommy didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm hoping this doesn't end in disaster...

Click here for the grocery store details.

No comments:

Post a Comment