January 6, 2012

A Work in Progress

I started this blog in 2009 as a way to help keep me accountable in my weight loss and to share the recipes I tried and/or created.  Since it's beginning I've gone through several stops and starts with my healthy eating initiative.  I did manage to lose almost 20 pounds over the course of several months in 2010, but this blog has recently been a little neglected thanks to a combination of factors.  The first half of 2011 was basically a loss thanks to the birth of our little munchkin and my inability to eat very few things besides mashed potatoes and refried beans while pregnant.  Then, I let myself eat what I wanted during the second half of the year in celebration of being able to eat without puking for the first time in almost a year.  Plus, planning healthy meals with a brand new baby is not an easy thing.  Heck, sometimes I get to dinnertime and realize the only thing I've "eaten" all day is Dr Pepper.  Ruh-Roh. 

I've been having quite a bit of pain in my back, hips and legs since Sam was born.  Luckily I have a friend who is a wonderful massage therapist, and she has been working with me.  My hips are apparently out of alignment, and my muscle tone in my core is completely shot thanks to a year of using those muscles very little. 

All that adds up to a number on the scale that I can't even admit, and a renewed commitment to being healthy this year.  As of this week I'm back on Weight Watchers (I like the new Points Plus program), and I'm slowly working my way into regular physical activity.  I'm scouring the web for good Weight Watchers recipes, and I'm starting daily yoga workouts.  I'm also planning to revamp this website a little bit to make the healthy recipes stand out a little more and adjust the points for the Points Plus program.  So stay tuned for recipes and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment