January 7, 2012

Oven-Roasted Asparagus (2 P+)

Last night was a milestone.  It was the first time I cooked asparagus.  I'm not sure why it took so long.  I think I was afraid.  But I don't really know what I was afraid of.  This recipe is so simple and elegant.  It was the perfect compliment to the Skillet Rosemary Chicken, and it would be fantastic next to a steak marinated in Savory Garlic Marinade.  Yum!

Oven-Roasted Asparagus

1 bunch thin asparagus spears trimmed
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 lemon juiced

Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp lemon juice just before serving.















Serves 4.
2 WW Points+ per serving
Slightly adapted from AllRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment