March 9, 2011

Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp & Basil

So, my last food-related post was in mid-December.  I have really missed being in my kitchen making a mess and trying new recipes over the last couple of months.  I think maybe - just maybe - I'm ready to get back in the saddle.  For the first time since October I made a meal plan for the week and got through a trip to the grocery store without gagging.  Success! 

I had forgotten about this recipe until this weekend when I was going through an old cookbook looking for new ideas.  I've been craving it since I saw it, so tonight the Turners ate Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp & Basil.  The recipe comes from AllRecipes.com, and I make very few changes to it.  The link above is to the original recipe.  My version is below.  Sam and I really enjoyed eating this tonight!

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
3 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 Tsp kosher salt
1 pound large shrimp - peeled and deveined
2 (28 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or more!)

Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Place pasta in a colander, and give it a quick rinse with cold water.

Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and add it to the skillet.  Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet, and set aside.

Stir tomatoes, wine, parsley, and basil into the skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 12 minutes. Add shrimp and pasta, and continue cooking until the shrimp are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.

Sprinkle with plenty of Parmesan cheese and serve.

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment